Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mangio

For the month of July I documented everything I ate while in Sienna. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts were photographed before or during consumption. Each photograph was taken at a similar top view orientation.

In the corner of a dark room is a large wooden table with a single chair. A white plate, place mat and utensils are set neatly on top. On the middle of the table is a small tripod housing a miniature projector that illuminates the table setting. Images of the food I have consumed cycle slowly. The photographs are shaped by the concave plate and leak onto the place mat and utensils. Viewers begin to understand through the images displayed my personal eating habits that were defined by my stay in Sienna.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment